The Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling is a nonprofit corporation recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable designation. It currently receives its primary revenue from contributions from the Mohegan Sun Casino and Foxwoods Resort Casino, and limited state funding from the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Problem Gambling Services division.
In order to effectively carry out our mission to increase the availability of services for both the problem gambler and his/her family, as well as to educate the community at large on the serious issue of problem and disordered gambling, we ask for your support.
Every time you make a contribution to the Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling, your dollars help support the following programs and services:
- 24-hour toll-free confidential Helpline: 1-888-789-7777: Referrals for Problem Gambling treatment and support groups for problem gamblers and their families
- Public education and awareness
- Training for human service professionals
- Advocacy for public funding to adequately address the social costs of gambling
- Research studies to obtain data that will inform program development